Administration Department provides the following services:
ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
November 25, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 Recognition of Captain Michael Miller
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from November 12, 2014 City Council Meeting, Minutes from November 18, 2014 Special City Council Meeting, Minutes from November 18, 2014 Budget Workshop5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approval of the Following Requests by Dale Scherber:• Adopt Ord. No. 2014-16, An Ordinance Amending the Zoning Map of the City Of Rogers By Rezoning the Subject Property From RE-5 to RE-2 and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-16• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-95, A Resolution Granting Preliminary Plat Approval of Park View Acres 3rd Addition5.04 Approval of the Following Requests:• Adopt Ord. No. 2014-17, An Ordinance Approving a Zoning Ordinance Amendment to the L-I District of the City of Rogers Code and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-17• Approval of a Conditional Use Permit for Pitch 2 Pitch to Allow Commercial Recreation at 12999 Wilfred Lane5.05 Approval of Planning Commission Appointments5.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-96, A Resolution of Support for a Future Shooting Sports Facility in Crow Hassan Park5.07 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Permit to Conduct Excluded Bingo for Rogers-Hassan Senior Friendship Group, Inc. for Bingo on Feb. 16, 2015, April 20, 2015, Aug. 17, 2015 and Nov. 16, 2015 at Rogers Community Room, located at 21201 Memorial Drive5.08 Approval of Developer's Agreement for Launchpark Rogers 2nd Addition5.09 Request to Promote CSO Zachman to the Position of Police Officer5.10 Authorization to Order Three Ford SUV Squad Cars5.11 Approval of Amendment No. 3 to Site Lease Agreement - Sprint6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Liquor Liability Insurance
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Meeting Minutes – Oct. 8, 20149.02 Rogers Park Board Minutes – Oct. 9, 20149.03 Transportation Task Force Meeting Minutes9.04 October, 2014 Financial Reports
The City of Rogers was ranked the #1 City for Homeownership in Minnesota. These results were measured by answering three questions, involving population growth, home availability, and median household income. Rogers population increased 31% in two years. 84.4% of all homes in Rogers are owned rather than rented, and monthly homeowner costs take up 24.5% of median household income.
For details visit Best Cities
The City of Rogers is asking residents of Rogers to donate any pictures of Rogers that describes what life is like in the community.
Read more: Pictures of Life in Rogers