ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
August 14, 2014 7:00 p.m.
WORK SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Tax Levy Overview Presentation
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from July 22, 2014 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Special Event Permit for Word of Peace – Peace Fest to be Held on Sept. 7, 2014, Located at 21705 129th Ave. N.
5.04 Approval of Utility Easement for Zayo Bandwidth for Fiber Optic Facilities
5.05 Authorization to Approve a Proposal to Extend a Retaining Wall near New Horizon Academy to Increase Safety
5.06 Authorization to Purchase Playground Equipment for the Second Phase of Brockton Meadows Park
5.07 Authorize Signature of Hennepin County Cooperative Agreement PW 21-43-14 for Traffic Signal Maintenance and Operation for TH101/CR144
5.08 Approval of Pay App #2 to Brothers Fire Protection Co. for New Police Building Remodel
5.09 Approval Requested to Amend a Purchase Order Originally Issued for the Radio System at the New Police Department
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Accept Bids, Award Project, and Authorize Construction Services to Extend Rogers Drive from Vevea Lane to Brockton Lane
7.02 Approval of Special Event Permit and a One Day Temporary On-Sale Liquor License for the Rogers Lions Club for Oktoberfest to be Held on Sat., Oct. 18, 2014
8. OTHER BUSINESS
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION FOR DISCUSSION OF RIGHT-OF-WAY ACQUISITION FOR 101/144