1. Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Council of the City of Rogers was called to order by Mayor Bunting on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at Rogers Community Center, 21201 Memorial Drive, Rogers, MN, 55374.
Council present: Jay Bunting, Don Hall, and Maureen Stanley.Council excused: Rick Ihli and Darren Jakel.
Staff present: Jeff Beahen, Police Chief; Brad Feist, Fire Chief; Jeff Carson, City Attorney; Stacy Scharber, Assistant City Administrator; John Seifert, Public Works Supt.; Steve Stahmer, City Administrator; Bret Weiss, City Engineer; and Lisa Wieland, Finance Director.
2. Open ForumNone.
4. Approve AgendaThe agenda was set as submitted.
5. Consent Agenda5.01 Approval of Minutes from February 25, 2014 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Appointment of Matt Vacek to the Lieutenant 12 Position5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-20, A Resolution Supporting a Job Creation Fund Application for Fed Ex5.05 Authorize Feasibility Report for the Extension of Rogers Drive from Vevea Lane to Brockton Lane5.06 Authorization to Call for Public Hearing for Rogers Drive Trail and Lighting Project Final Assessment (Resolution No. 2014-21)5.07 Approval of Job Description and Authorization to Advertise for Accounting Clerk I – Accounts Payable/Payroll Position5.08 Authorize Signature of Signal Agreement with MNDOT for 144/101 and Approval of Resolution No. 2014-08, A Resolution Approving a Traffic Control Signal and Roadway Lighting Maintenance Agreement with Hennepin County5.09 Authorization to Call for Municipal Consent Public Hearing for April 22, 2014 for the I-94 Corridors of Commerce Project (TH 241 to TH 101)5.10 Authorization to Approve Scope of Services for Wellhead Protection Plan Phase II5.11 Resolution No. 2014-22, A Resolution Approving Assignment of Right-of-Way to Minnesota Department of Transportation5.12 Award Bid for the Veterans Memorial5.13 Authorization to Accept a Manufacturer's Landscape Warranty in Lieu of Warranty Bond from Clam Corp
Stanley pulled 5.05 for discussion.
Hall moved, Stanley seconded a motion to approve the consent agenda less 5.05. Motion carried 3-0.
5.05 Authorize Feasibility Report for the Extension of Rogers Drive from Vevea Lane to Brockton LaneEngineer Weiss provided a memo to Council regarding the proposed feasibility report. Weiss stated the funds from the developer will up-front the cost of the feasibility study. There was discussion regarding the possible relocation of Rogers Drive, however the project is proceeding along with where the road was originally identified as the request of the developer. Weiss stated the reason for the feasibility study is to adhere to the 429 process, as a portion will be assessed.Stanley moved, Hall seconded a motion to approve 5.05. Motion carried 3-0.
6. Public HearingsNone.
7. General BusinessNone.
8. Other BusinessNone.
9. Correspondence and Reports9.01 February Police ReportNo action taken.
10. Adjourn to Closed Session for Potential Property Acquisition – Reconvene to Open MeetingMayor Bunting adjourned to closed session at 7:03 p.m.
Council reconvened at 7:19 p.m.Assistant Administrator Scharber stated that staff and Council reviewed a purchase agreement for the property known as Northern Palms in closed session. Scharber recommended the following motion; to authorize the execution of the purchase agreement for Northern Palms, as discussed in closed session, contingent upon signatures from the sellers and that nothing of substance is changed within the document. Hall made the motion, Stanley seconded. Motion carried 3-0.
11. AdjournStanley moved, Hall seconded a motion to adjourn at 7:20 p.m. Motion carried 3-0.
Stacy ScharberAssistant City Administrator/Clerk