ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
April 8, 2014 7:00 p.m.
WORK SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Presentation by Claudia Dumont, MnDOT, on the I-94 Corridors of Commerce Project
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from March 25, 2014 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Permit to Conduct Excluded Bingo for Rogers-Hassan Senior Friendship Group, Inc. for Bingo on Aug. 18, 2014 and Nov. 17, 2014 at Rogers Community Room, located at 21201 Memorial Drive
5.04 Proposal to Provide Professional Engineering Services for the Siting of Well No. 9, Test Well Drilling, Test Well Pumping, and Pumping Test Analysis
5.05 Notice of Appointment of an Assistant Weed Inspector 2014
5.06 Authorization to Purchase Granite Pavers for Veteran's Memorial
5.07 Movie in the Parks - Equipment Purchase
5.08 Approval of the Developers Agreement for ALS Properties Carefree Self Storage Rogers
5.09 Items Relating to Diamond Pointe of Rogers, LLC
• Approval of the Developers Agreement for Diamond Point of Rogers, LLC
• Approval of the PUD Agreement for Diamond Pointe of Rogers, LLC
5.10 Authorization to Purchase Additional Granite Benches for Veteran's Memorial
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.01 Public Hearing on Proposed Assessment for Rogers Drive Trail and Lighting Project
• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-25, A Resolution Adopting and Confirming Assessments for Trail and Lighting Improvements Located along Rogers Drive
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Accept Bids and Award Contracts, Police Building Renovation – Resolution No. 2014-26
7.02 Amendment to Construction Management Contract with RJM Construction for Guaranteed Maximum Price and Assignment of Construction Contracts, Public Safety Building Renovation
7.03 Accept Feasibility Report, Call for Public Hearing, and Approve a Proposal for Engineering Services to Extend Rogers Drive from Vevea Lane to Brockton Lane (Resolution No. 2014-27)
7.04 Authorize Distribution of the Henry AUAR for 30-day Public Comment Period
7.05 Corridors of Commerce Project Update and Approval of the Master Utility Agreement Number 05580 for the I-94 Corridors of Commerce Project Between TH 101 and TH 241 S.P. 2780-66 (T.H. 94) (Resolution No. 2014-28)
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 March Police Report
9.02 Minutes for the February 27, 2014 Transportation Task Force Meeting
9.03 Minutes for the March 25, 2014 Transportation Task Force Meeting
9.04 2014 GMC 1500 Regular Cab
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION FOR POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION