ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
November 12, 2013 7:00 p.m.
BUDGET WORK SESSION – 5:30 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 Presentation by Word of Peace (Karen Running)3.02 Swearing in Corbin Bateman
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from October 22, 2013 Council Work Session, October 22, 2013 City Council Meeting, October 29, 2013 City Council Special Meeting and November 6, 2013 City Council Special Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 2014 Siren Maintenance Contract with Embedded Systems, Inc.5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-72, A Resolution Approving Classification Of Tax-Forfeited Lands As Non-Conservation Land – Lot 8, Block 3, Fletcher Hills Addition5.05 2013 Audit Engagement Letter5.06 Approve a Proposal for Engineering Services related to Watermain/Sanitary Design & Construction for the TH 101 and CSAH 144 Interchange Project.5.07 Approve Change Order No. 1 for the Rogers Drive Trail Improvements Project5.08 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-73, A Resolution Restricting Parking Along 141st Avenue (CSAH 144) from Northdale Boulevard to Rogers Drive/James Road5.09 Approval of Communication Conduit Installation Services Contract5.10 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-74, A Resolution of Support for Cost Participation with MNDOT for 101/144 Project5.11 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-75, A Resolution Hiring Corbin Bateman as a Full Time Police Officer5.12 Approval Resolution No. 2013-76, A Resolution Certifying Public Employee Retirement Association Police Officer Declaration – Corbin Bateman5.13 Approval of School District Contract for School Liaison Services5.14 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-77, A Resolution Authorizing an Increase in the Annual Pension Benefit Level for the Active Members of the Fire Department from $2,750 to $2,875 For Calendar Year 20145.15 Reschedule 2nd Meeting in December to Monday, Dec. 23rd
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Award Contract to Pierce Manufacturing Inc. to Build One Heavy Rescue Truck
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 October Police Report9.02 Minutes for the October 21, 2013 Transportation Task Force Meeting