ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
June 25, 2013 7:00 p.m.
WORK SESSION – 5:30 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 Presentation by Word of Peace
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from June 11, 2013 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Request to Allow Parking in a No Parking Zone – Hisco Open House, Sept. 18, 20135.04 Approval of a Special Event Permit for Health Source of Rogers on July 15, 20135.05 Approval of a Special Event Permit for Word of Peace Church on August 8, 20135.06 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-09, An Ordinance Amending Section 6 (Fire) of the 2013 Master Fee Schedule to include Tent Fees and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-09.5.07 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-37, A Resolution Affirming Participation in OSA Performance Measurement Program5.08 Authorize Letter of Support for Minnesota Green Corp Intern Application5.09 Approve Letter of Support for a Trail Improvement in Crow Hassan Park from Three Rivers Park Association5.10 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-38, A Resolution Creating a Veteran's Memorial Fund5.11 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-39, A Resolution Approving the Edgewater Neighborhood Park Playground Improvements and Accepting of Donated Park Equipment5.12 Approval of a One Day Temporary On-Sale Liquor License September 7, 2013 at the Crow River Sportsman Club, located at 27101 Territorial Road5.13 Approve Change Order No. 1 for Northdale Blvd. Drainage Improvements/Bedrock Motors Project5.14 Approve Plans and Specifications; Authorize the Advertisement for Bids for the Extension of Trail and Lighting Improvements Along Rogers Drive and Richard Street (Rogers Drive)5.15 Award Contract for Construction to Twin Pines Earthworks for the Edison Court Streambank Stabilization Project5.16 Request for Waiver of Closing Time Ordinance for Community Room for 12/31/20135.17 Request to Amend the City False Alarm Ordinance
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS6.01 Public Hearing on the Kinghorn Lift Station, Forcemain, and Sanitary Sewer Extension Improvements (Resolution No. 2013-40)
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-41, A Resolution of Support for City of Rogers State Bonding Fund Request for the Public Safety Building/Emergency Operations Center7.02 GovDeals.com Approval7.03 Approve a Revised Joint Powers Agreement with the City of Dayton with Regard to a Temporary Water Service Connection from the City of Dayton for the CLAM Building Located within the Kinghorn Industrial Park
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 Rogers Park Board Meeting Minutes May 9, 20139.02 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes May 8, 20139.03 May, 2013 Financials
10. (cont.) ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITIONS RELATED TO THE HWY 101/CR 144 PROJECT