ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
June 11, 2013 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 2012 Audit Presentation by Andrew Berg, CPA, Abdo, Eick & Meyers3.02 Public Safety Building Options – Presentation by Tom Moorse of HTG
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from May 28, 2013 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Acceptance of 2012 Audit as Presented5.04 Requests by Northridge Fellowship Church, Located at 12522 Main St.:• Approval of Resolution No.2013-30, A Resolution Granting a Variance for a Front Yard Setback from 50 feet to 30 feet• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-31, A Resolution Denying the Variance to Waive the Requirement for a Fence Abutting R-2 Zones• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-32, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval of a 6,925 sq.ft. Addition on the East Side and a 5,810 sq.ft. Addition on the West Side of the Building5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-33, Request by 1st National Bank at Diamond Pointe of Rogers for a PUD Amendment to Allow the Construction of a 1 Story 3000 sq.ft. Building, Located at 13785 Rogers Drive5.06 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-06, An Ordinance Amending Sec. 125-193 and Section 125-323 Accessory Building of the City of Rogers Code, Relating to Agricultural District and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-06.5.07 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-07, An Ordinance Amending the B-3 District, Sec. 125-202 (e) of the City of Rogers Code and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-07.5.08 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-08, An Ordinance Amending the RE-5 District, Sec. 125-191 (f)(8) of the City of Rogers Code and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-08.5.09 Approval to Close City Hall on Friday, July 5th5.10 I-94 Chamber Coalition Funding Request
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS6.01 Public Hearing to Consider a Request by Michael Dickie for a Conditional Use Permit to Facilitate the Construction of an Accessory Building with 14 foot Side Walls6.02 Public Hearing on Improvements for the Extension of Trail and Lighting Improvement Along Rogers Drive
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Items Relating to the Trail and Lighting Improvements along Rogers Drive• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-34, A Resolution Accepting the Amended Feasibility Report,• Order the project and authorize updating the plans and specifications for the extension of trail and lighting improvements along Rogers Drive and Richard Street (Rogers Drive)7.02 Kinghorn Property Rezoning - Status Report7.03 Requests by Liberty Property Trust:• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-35, A Resolution Granting Preliminary and Final Plat Approval for Liberty Industrial Park at Diamond Lake 3rd Addition• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-36, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval for the construction of a 227,054 sq.ft. Office/Warehouse
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 May Police Report9.02 Letter of Support for Hennepin County's Federal Funding Application9.03 Approval of Municipal Consent for Bridge Replacement by Hennepin County at Rush Creek on CSAH101 (Brockton Lane)
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITIONS RELATED TO THE HWY 101/CR 144 PROJECT