1. Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Council of the City of Rogers was called to order by Mayor Bunting on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at Rogers Community Center, 21201 Memorial Drive, Rogers, MN, 55374.
Council present: Jay Bunting, Darren Jakel, and Maureen Stanley.Council excused: Don Hall and Rick Ihli.
Staff present: Jeff Beahen, Police Chief; Gary Buysse, Liquor Operations Manager; Brad Feist, Fire Chief; John Seifert, Public Works Supt.; Steve Stahmer, City Administrator; Bret Weiss, City Engineer; and Lisa Wieland, Finance Director.
2. Open ForumNone.
3. Presentations3.01 Stones Throw Update by Bob SchunichtThis item was pulled.
4. Approve AgendaThe agenda was set as submitted.
5. Consent Agenda5.01 Approval of Minutes from March 12, 2013 City Council Meeting and Minutes from March 9, 2013 Council Goal Setting Session5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approval of a Minnesota Lawful Gambling Permit to Albertville Lions to Conduct a Raffle on September 7, 2013 at the Crow River Sportsman Club, located at 27101 Territorial Road5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-15, A Resolution Establishing a Council Work Session for the Fourth Tuesday of Even Numbered Months5.05 Approve Dayroom Lease Contract with North Memorial Health Care5.06 Approve Amendment of the 2012-2013 Fire Capital Improvement Plan5.07 Calling a Joint Meeting of the Rogers City Council and Rogers Park Board – April 30, 2013 at 5:00 P.M5.08 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-16, A Resolution Ratifying the Technical Evaluation Panel Findings on the Wetland Impacts Associated with the CLAM Development Project5.09 Authorization to Purchase Water Meters and Radio Read Equipment5.10 Scope of Services for Brockton Meadows Neighborhood Park Phase II5.11 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-17, A Resolution Officially Naming Erickson Neighborhood ParkStanley pulled 5.085.01 was tabled due to lack of quorum of those present to approve the minutes.
Stanley moved, Jakel seconded a motion to approve consent agenda less 5.01 and 5.08. Motion carried 3-0.
5.08Stanley asked that Public Works Supt. Seifert explain what the TEP findings are. Seifert provided overview of the TEP process and the City's role as the Local Government Unit (LGU). Seifert also explained the wetland bank credits purchased by Kinghorn/Clam for the Clam development.
Stanley moved, Jakel seconded a motion to approve 5.08. Motion carried 3-0.
6. Public HearingsNone.
7. General Business7.01 Approve Proposal for Engineering Services to Prepare an EAW for the Kinghorn Industrial ParkWeiss provided an overview of the development area and explained the triggers for an EAW/EIS/AUAR. Weiss stated the proposal is for an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) over the entire development area. Weiss explained that much of the information used in the EAW can be used in a future AUAR if necessary. Weiss stated the EAW can be used as a scoping document for an EIS or AUAR.
Jakel moved, Stanley seconded a motion to approve the proposal for engineering services to prepare an EAW for the Kinghorn Industrial Park as proposed at a cost of $20,000. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Other BusinessNone.
9. Correspondence and Reports9.01 Award Project to Federal Signal Corporation and Ready Watt Electric to install (1) New Outdoor Warning Siren9.02 Rogers Park Board February 14, 2013 Meeting Minutes9.03 Elm Creek Watershed February 13, 2013 Meeting Minutes
10. AdjournStanley moved, Jakel seconded a motion to adjourn at 7:15 p.m. Motion carried 3-0.
Steve StahmerCity Administrator