ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
January 22, 2013 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER/SWEAR IN MAYOR AND COUNCIL TO THEIR NEW TERMS
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 State Highway 101 and CSAH 144 Interchange Update
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from January 8, 2013 City Council Meeting and January 17, 2013 Special Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approve Updated Rogers Information Systems Policy
5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-06, A Resolution Memorializing the Completion of the Elements Within the Veit Companies and City of Rogers Letter of Understanding
5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-07, A Resolution Establishing the City of Rogers 2013 Clean-Up Day
5.06 Authorization to Execute Purchase Order for Tractor Tires
5.07 General Policy for Annual Fire Pension Benefit Level Adjustments
5.08 Approval of a Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit to Rogers High School Band Boosters to Conduct Bingo on Feb. 11, 2013 and Oct. 28, 2013 at the Rogers Community Room, located at 21201 Memorial Drive
5.09 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-08, A Resolution Authorizing Offers of Compensation to Landowners and Initiation of Eminent Domain Proceedings in the CSAH 144/Trunk Highway 101 Interchange Project
5.10 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-01, An Ordinance Providing for Background Checks (to be distributed)
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 (Cont.) Authorization to Proceed with Sergeant Promotion Process
8. OTHER BUSINESS
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS POSSIBLE PARK PROPERTY ACQUISITION – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING