ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
January 8, 2013 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER/SWEAR IN MAYOR AND COUNCIL TO THEIR NEW TERMS
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. PRESENTATIONS3.01 Rogers Lions Donation to the Park Fund3.02 Swearing in of Jared Peterson as a Rogers Police Officer
5. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
6. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.6.01 Approval of Minutes from December 11, 2012 City Council Meeting and December 19, 2012 Special City Council Meeting6.02 Approval of Bills and Claims6.03 Approval of a Minnesota Lawful Gambling Permit to Hanover Crow River Lions to Conduct a Raffle on February 8, 2013 at the Wellstead of Rogers, located at 20500 S. Diamond Lake Road6.04 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Applebee's6.05 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Broadway Bar & Pizza6.06 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Guadalajara's Mexican Restaurant6.07 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Maynard's Restaurant6.08 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Wellstead of Rogers6.09 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Stonelounge6.10 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Angeno's Pizza and Pasta6.11 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Noodles & Company6.12 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Minne's Diner6.13 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Hong Thai Restaurant6.14 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Cub6.15 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Super America6.16 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Target Super Stores6.17 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Holiday Station Store #3076.18 Approval of Request by True Value Hardware for a Conditional Use Permit for the following:• Outdoor display next to building including propane exchange cabinet• Seasonal parking lot greenhouse and outdoor sales area6.19 Resolution No. 2013-01, A Resolution Granting Approval of Request by 101 Marketplace/RMK Partners, LLC for a PUD Amendment to Allow Tenants to Have Signage on the North Side of the Building, Located at 14165 James Road6.20 Resolution No. 2013-02, A Resolution Granting Approval of Request by Grady Kinghorn for Preliminary and Final Plat Approval of Kinghorn Industrial Park6.21 Approval to Accept Donation to the Park Fund from Rogers Lions Club6.22 Approve Rogers Fire Department Administration Policy Manual Amendments6.23 Approval of Resolution 2013-03, A Resolution Establishing General Policy for Annual Fire Pension Benefit Level Adjustments6.24 Authorization to Begin Hiring Process for Police Officer6.25 Approve a Reduction in Retainage for the North Ground Storage Reservoir and Pumping Facility Project6.26 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-04, A Resolution Hiring Jared Peterson as a Full Time Police Officer6.27 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-05, A Resolution Certifying Public Employee Retirement Association Police Officer Declaration – Jared Peterson
7. PUBLIC HEARINGS
8. GENERAL BUSINESS8.01 Annual Appointment Process8.02 Planning Commission Appointments8.03 Authorization to Hire Fire Technician Position8.04 Discussion on Sergeant Promotion Process
9. OTHER BUSINESS
10. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS10.01 December Police Report10.02 October, 2012 Financials