ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
December 11, 2012 7:00 p.m.
BUDGET WORKSHOP – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Presentation by Rogers Youth Hockey Association – Bob Anderson
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from November 27, 2012 Workshop Minutes and November 27, 2012 City Council Meeting Minutes
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Permit to Conduct Excluded Bingo for Rogers-Hassan Senior Friendship Group, Inc. for Bingo on Jan. 21, 2013, April 15, 2013, Aug. 19, 2013 and Nov. 18, 2013 at Cabela's, located at 20200 Rogers Drive
5.04 Approval of Request by Veit Companies to Amend the Existing Conditional Use Permit to Allow for the Addition of One (1) Small Exterior Storage Unit, Located at 20175 134th Ave. N.
5.05 Adopt Ordinance No. 2012 - 15, An Ordinance Rezone the Property Located at 21431 141st Ave. N. from Agricultural (AG) to Commercial Business (B-2) and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-15.
5.06 Adopt Ordinance No. 2012-16, An Ordinance Amendment to the Mixed Use Zoning Ordinance and Summary Ordinance No. 2012 - 16.
5.07 Authorize Planning Commission to Study Sign Standard Adjustment Ordinance
5.08 Adopt Ordinance No. 2012 - 17, An Ordinance Amending City Code Section 18 Septic Systems and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-17
5.09 Approval of Resolution No. 2012 - 62, A Resolution Approving Waiver of Certain Income Requirements for TIF Housing Districts
5.10 Hennepin County EPDB Agreement
5.11 Approval of the Rogers High School Hockey Association Ice Contract
5.12 Approve a Reduction in Retainage for the 129th Avenue Reconstruction Project
5.13 Approval of 2013 Fee Schedule, Administrative Citations, RAC Advertising Schedule and Utility Rates:
• Ordinance No. 2012-18, An Ordinance Adopting the 2012 Master Fee Schedule for the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-18
• Ordinance No. 2012-19, An Ordinance Establishing Utility Rates for Sanitary Sewer, Water and Storm Water Within the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-19
5.14 Approval of Final Pay Application for Trail Haven Phase I, II and III
5.15 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-63, Resolution Authorizing Lot Division Required By The Development Agreement Executed In Brockton Meadows 4th Addition
5.16 Schedule Special City Council Meeting for Weds., Dec. 29th at 5:30 p.m.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.01 Public Meeting to Set the 2013 Final Budget and Levy Certification
• Open for public comment
• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-64, A Resolution Setting the 2013 General and Special Levies
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 November, 2012 Police Report
9.02 Update Regarding a Request for a Joint Powers Agreement With the City of Dayton to Provide Sanitary Sewer and Temporary Water Service to Properties in Southeast Rogers
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS PURCHASE AGREEMENT – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING
11. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION FOR ADMINISTRATOR'S ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING