ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
August 16, 2012 7:00 p.m.
BUDGET WORKSHOP – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 Overview of Joint Planning Task Force
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from July 24, 2012 Workshop Minutes and July 24, 2012 City Council Meeting Minutes5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approval of the Following Requests by Kinghorn Construction:• Adopt Ordinance No. 2012 - 07, An Ordinance Rezoning Property Within the City of Rogers From Agricultural to MU-R, Mixed Use Regional and L-I, Limited Industry and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-07• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-37, A Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Rogers Comprehensive Plan Reguiding the Subject Property From Mixed Use to Industrial5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-38, A Resolution Starbucks for Site Plan Approval – 13590 Northdale Blvd5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-39, A Resolution Granting a Sign Standards Adjustment to True Value Hardware, Located at 21351 John Milless Drive5.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-40, A Resolution Granting a Sign Standards Adjustment to Rogers BP, Located at 13101 Main Street5.07 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for the Knights of Columbus to Conduct Bingo on Oct. 14, 2012, Nov. 11, 2012, Dec. 9, 2012, Jan. 13, 2013, Feb. 10, 2013 and Mar. 10, 2013 at Mary Queen of Peace, located at 21304 Church Ave.5.08 Door Controller System Upgrade for Public Works, City Hall, Police and Fire Station 1 Buildings5.09 Authorization to Award Preliminary Space Needs Study to HTG Architects for Public Facilities5.10 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-41, A Resolution Canvassing the August 14, 2012 Municipal Election Returns and Declaring Results5.11 Approval of Resolution No. 2012-42, A Resolution Confirming Cabela's Satisfaction of Wetland Credits5.12 Conduit Use Lease Agreement5.13 Approval to Hire Zachary Guttormson for the Water Resources Technician/Non-Building Code Inspector Position
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Consider Authorization for Right-of-Way Services for the TH101/CSAH144 Interchange Project7.02 Authorization to Begin Hiring Process for Police Officer7.03 Request to Dispose of Forfeited Vehicles (Standing Policy)
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 July Police Report
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS 129TH AVE. STORM SEWER OUTLET EASEMENT ACQUISITION