ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
December 13, 2011 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from November 22, 2011 Budget Workshop and Minutes from November 22, 2011 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Resolution No. 2011–60, A Resolution Providing Municipal Approval to the Issuance of a Minnesota Lawful Gambling License to the Rogers Lions Club to Conduct Pull-Tab Sales at Maynard's Restaurant, located at 21415 136th Ave. N effective January 1, 2012
5.04 Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement No. 54 – Fund Balance Reporting and Governmental Fund Type Definitions (Resolution No. 2011-61 and Resolution No. 2011-62)
5.05 Federal Requirements for Tax Exempt Bonds (Resolution No. 2011-63)
5.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2011-64, A Resolution Reducing Debt Levy Requirement for General Obligation CIP Bonds, Series 2011B, for 2012
5.07 Scope of Services to Update Future Commercial Storm Water Accounts
5.08 Approval of Resolution No. 2011-65, A Resolution Authorizing the City of Rogers to Participate in the Minnesota Greenstep Cities Program
5.09 Declaration of Restricted Covenants for Department of Natural Resources W-290
5.10 2012 Snow Plow Map
5.11 Approval of the First Year Lexipol Contract
5.12 Schedule Closed Session for City Administrator Annual Performance Review for Dec. 27
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.01 Public Meeting to Set the 2012 Final Budget and Levy Certification
• Open for public comment
• Approval of Resolution No. 2011-66, A Resolution Setting the 2012 General and Special Levies
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Approval of 2012 Fee Schedule, Administrative Citations, RAC Advertising Schedule and Utility Rates:
• Ordinance No. 2011-08 An Ordinance Adopting the 2012 Master Fee Schedule for the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2011-08
• Ordinance No. 2011-09 An Ordinance Establishing Utility Rates for Sanitary Sewer, Water and Storm Water Within the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2011-09
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 November Police Report