ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
September 13, 2011 7:00 p.m.
BUDGET WORKSHOP SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3. PRESENTATIONS 3.01 Chad Krumwiede – Update on Oktoberfest
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda. 5.01 Approval of Minutes from August 23, 2011 Budget Workshop, August 23, 2011 City Council Meeting, August 27, 2011 Goal Setting Workshop, and September 6, 2011 Special Meeting 5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims 5.03 Approval of a Two Day Temporary On-Sale Liquor License for the Rogers Lions Club, October 15 – 16, 2011 for Oktoberfest and Booya 5.04 Staff Recognition Program – RWAS and Rogers Municipal 5.05 Resolutions Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Bonds for 2012 • Approval of Resolution No. 2011-39, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Improvement Refunding Bonds of 2008B (Industrial Boulevard Improvement Project) • Approval of Resolution No. 2011-40, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Improvement Bonds of 2003 (Rogers Drive Phase 2, South Diamond Lake Road Phase 5, And Industrial Court) 5.06 Approval of a One-Day Temporary On-Sale Liquor License for the Rogers Lions Club, October 29, 2011 for the Bolduc Benefit 5.07 Inflow and Infiltration Closing Quotes 5.08 Annual Pavement Marking Quotes
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS 7.01 Approval Resolution No. 2011-41, A Resolution Establishing the Proposed Preliminary 2012 Tax Levy Payable in 2012 for the City of Rogers, Minnesota 7.02 Setting December 13th as the date for Public Input
8. OTHER BUSINESS 8.01 Discussion Regarding Washington D.C. Trip
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS 9.01 August Police Report 9.02 Safe Routes to School – Denial Letter