ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
July 26, 2011 7:00 p.m.
BUDGET WORKSHOP SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from July 12, 2011 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Resolution No. 2011-31, A Resolution Memorializing Park Dedication for Brookside Meadows
5.04 Water Conservation Initiatives
5.05 WWTP Valve Actuator/Automation
5.06 WSB Scope of Service for Cartegraph WORKdirector System
5.07 Approval of Resolution No. 2011-32, A Joint Resolution for Request for Proposal for Joining Hassan and Rogers Park Plans
5.08 Approval of a Request by St. Jude’s Medical (lessee) and AorTech Biomaterials (sublessee) for a Conditional Use Permit for Outside Storage, Located at 19725 S. Diamond Lake Road
5.09 Approval of Ordinance No. 2011-04, An Ordinance of Minor Amendments to the Zoning Ordinance, Section 125-57 and Section 125-58, Relating to Variances and Summary Ordinance No. 2011-04
5.10 Approval of Amended Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for Knights of Columbus to Conduct Bingo at Mary Queen of Peace Church in October, 2011 and Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for Knights of Columbus to Conduct Bingo at Mary Queen of Peace Church in Jan., Feb., Oct. and Nov., 2012, located at 21304 Church Avenue, Rogers, Minnesota
5.11 Call for the Public Hearing for the Extension of Trail and Lighting Improvements Along Rogers Drive from South Diamond Lake Road to 141st Avenue North (CSAH 144) and East on 141st Avenue North to the Rogers Middle School
5.12 Award a Construction Contract to Twin Pines Earthworks for the 133rd Court Drainage Improvement Project
5.13 Authorize Sale of Police Vehicle
5.14 Minnesota Institute of Public Health Alcohol Compliance Grant
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.01 Public Hearing to Consider a Business Subsidy Agreement Between the City and Medline Industries, Inc. or a related entity (the “Developer”). (Resolution No. 2011-33)
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Items Relating to Liberty Property Limited Partnership Industrial Development
• Approval of Resolution No. 2011-34, A Resolution Granting a Planned Unit Development Final Plan and Final Plat for Liberty Property Limited Partnership for the Liberty Industrial Park at Diamond Lake
• Approval and Authorize Execution of Development Agreement
7.02 Items Relating to Medline Industries Inc. Site Plan Approval:
• Approval of Resolution No. 2011-35, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval to Medline Industries, Inc. for Property Within the Liberty Industrial Park at Diamond Lake
• Approval and Authorize Execution of Site Development Agreement
7.03 Consider Traffic Calming Measures Along Oakwood Drive
7.04 Discussion of Hassan Tax Rate Phase-in Impacts and Offers
8. OTHER BUSINESS
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO FOR POLICE DEPT. LELS CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING