ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
May 24, 2011 7:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP – 6:30 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Presentation by Don Hall and Bruce Gorecki of the Rogers Lions – Rockin’ Rogers Days Update
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from May 10, 2011 City Council Meeting and Minutes from May 10, 2011 Workshop Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Transient Merchant High Density Traffic Map Update
5.04 Consider Sign Adjustment Request from Maynard’s Restaurant and Approval of Resolution No. 2011-20
5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2011-21, A Resolution Approving a Request by Malmborg’s Greenhouse for Site Plan Approval to Facilitate the Construction of a 72’ x 250’ Solid Steel Structure to Replace a Hoop House that Collapsed, Located at 20045 Co. Rd. 81
5.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2011-22, A Resolution Approving a Request by Boulevard Financial for a variance to facilitate the placement of a wall sign to be attached to the north side wall of the business located at 12908 Main Street.
5.07 Approval of Closing Pheasant Circle on September 10, 2011 for a Neighborhood Party
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 2010 Audit Presentation by Abdo, Eick & Meyers
7.02 Establishing the Library Scoping Committee
7.03 Approval of the Housing Action Plan and Approval of Resolution No. 2011-23
7.04 Approving a Request by Tom Spanier for an Interim Use Permit to Facilitate an Inflatable Family Fun Center, Located at 12510 Fletcher Lane
7.05 Consider Authorizing the Design and Construction of a Downtown District Sign at the Corner of Proposed John Deere Lane and CSAH 81
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION:
ADJOURN TO RECONVENE AND CONTINUE THE JANUARY 21, 2011 CLOSED SESSION FOR THE PURPOSES OF PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATION OF ALLEGATIONS AGAINST AN INDIVIDUAL SUBJECT TO THE COUNCIL’S AUTHORITY PURSUANT TO MINNESOTA STATUTE 13D.05, SUBDIVISION 2(B).
RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING