Last Spring we urged our citizens to recycle more – and you did! With the single sort carts, recycling is easier than ever before. This means you can place all your usual recyclables together into a 65-gallon recyclables cart. You can also add two new groups of recyclables: Milk, juice and soup cartons, as well as plastic containers #1— #7. Below is a quick guide to what is/is not accepted in the single sort cart. Think before you throw!
Recyclables will be picked up every other week. Download the 2015 Pick up Calendar.
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Metal food cans
- Glass bottles & jars (all colors)
- Plastic containers & lids (#1 through #7)
- Cartons- milk, soup, broth & wine
- Juice Boxes
- Cardboard, newspaper
- Boxboard ie: cereal, cracker, shoe boxes
- Mixed mail, magazines, office paper envelopes
- Holiday Lights
Not Accepted Items:
- No plastic bags
- No egg cartons
- No Styrofoam
- No pizza boxes or soiled paper
- No mirror, window or plate glass
- No ceramic or porcelain
- No toys, dishes, flower pots
- No plastic hangers
- No motor oil jugs, no metal car parts
Visit www.randyssanitation.com for more information.