ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
July 13, 2010 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda. 5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda. 5.01 Approval of Minutes from June 22, 2010 City Council Meeting and June 22, 2010 City Council Workshop 5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims 5.03 Calling a Budget Workshop Session on July 27, 2010 at 5:30 p.m. at the Rogers Community Room, 21201 Memorial Drive, Rogers, MN 5.04 Authorizing Police and Fire Depts. Open House on August 26, 2010 5.05 Resolution Approving the Temporary Closing of Memorial Drive for the Police and Fire Open House on August 26, 2010 (Resolution No. 2010-23) 5.06 Accepting Donation – Rogers Fire Department 5.07 Approval of Resolution No. 2010 - 24, A Resolution Supporting the City of Dayton’s Request for a Functional Classification Change to S. Diamond Lake Road to a B Minor Arterial Roadway 5.08 Approving Color Selection – Sewer Jetter Truck 5.09 MN Corp Grant Application
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS 7.01 Approval of Resolution No. 2010-25, A Resolution Annexing the Remainder of Phase II Properties of the Orderly Annexation Agreement from the Town of Hassan into the City of Rogers (MBA Docket OA-992) 7.02 RWAS Re-lighting Project 7.03 Approval of RFP for Fiber Optic Installation Services 7.04 Authorizing Police Officer Hiring – Recruited Candidate 7.05 Approve Construction of a Pathway Along the North Side of South Diamond Lake Road from TH 101 to Northdale Blvd and Business District Signage as Part of the TH 101 Flyover Project 7.06 Update on July 1, 2010 Joint Annexation Task Force Meeting
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS 9.01 June Police Report 9.02 Joint Planning Board Update from the June 30, 2010 Meeting 9.03 Transportation Task Force Update 9.04 Step-To-It Challenge Update 9.05 May Financial Report
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO FOR POLICE DEPT. TEAMSTERS CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING