ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
April 13, 2010 7:00 p.m.
* * * CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION – 6:00 P.M. * * *
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3. PRESENTATIONS 3.01 Police Code of Ethics – Presentation 3.02 Presentation by Major Ed Suarez – Department of Defense – Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda. 5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda. 5.01 Approval of Minutes from March 23, 2010 City Council Meeting and March 23, 2010 Workshop Minutes 5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims 5.03 Call for a Special Council Meeting for CSAH 81 Plan Approval and Advertisement of Bids for April 19th at 5:30 p.m. at the Public Works Building 5.04 Parade Permit Request for Rockin’ Rogers Days to Hennepin County 5.05 Cluster Mailboxes for Edgewater and Mystic Ridge 5.06 Environmental and Natural Resource Trust Fund Grant for Water Well Monitoring 5.07 Acceptance of 135th Ave. Project & Setting the 2 year warranty period 5.08 High Traffic Map Update 5.09 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for Mary Queen of Peace for Bingo, Raffles and Pull-Tabs for Their Annual Festival on September 26, 2010 6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS 7.01 Deadline for Removal of Nonconforming Sign at Link Recreation Property 7.02 2009 Year End Closing Activity 7.03 Consider Approving a Proposal with WSB and Assoc., Inc. to Perform Construction Services for the CSAH 81 and John Milless Drive Intersection Realignment Project 7.04 Consider Approving a Proposal with WSB and Assoc., Inc. to Perform Construction Oversight and Public Coordination for the TH 101 Flyover and I-94/TH 101 Interchange Improvement Projects 7.05 Consider Approving a Proposal with WSB and Assoc., Inc. to Complete a Well Siting Analysis 7.06 Consider Approving a Proposal with WSB and Assoc., Inc. to Complete a North Water Treatment Plant Site Evaluation and Storage Needs Assessment 7.07 Dutch Knolls Neighborhood Site Improvements Approval of Quotes 7.08 2010 Capital Equipment Purchase Request, Equipment Certificate Debt Issuance and Fire Dept. Request for Proposal Authorization 8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS 9.01 March Police Report 9.02 Rogers Tower Site Update 9.03 Hennepin Youth Sports Grant for North Community Park Football and Soccer Field Construction and Lighting Project 9.04 Step 2 It Challenge – Recreational Trail Routes 9.05 Draft of 2010 Citizen Survey 9.06 Severe Weather Awareness Week 9.07 January 2010 Financial Reports
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO DISCUSS - PURCHASE AGREEMENT FOR 13 ACRES OF LAND – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING 10.01 Purchase Agreement for 13 acres of Land