ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
March 23, 2010 7:00 p.m.
* * * TOWER DISCUSSION WORKSHOP - 6:00 P.M. * * *
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Final Approval to Hire and Swearing In of Stephen Sarazin as a Rogers Police Officer 3.02 Major Ed Suarez – Yellow Ribbon Integration Program3.03 Outstanding Public Service Officer of Merit Presentation
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from March 9, 2010 City Council Meeting 5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims 5.03 Approval of Temporary One-Day On-Sale Beer License to the Rogers Lions Club for a Benefit Ball Tournament on Saturday, May 8, 2010 at North Community Park, Rogers, MN5.04 Authorization for Mayor and Clerk to Execute the Mobile Data Computers Amendment with Hennepin County Sheriff’s Dept.5.05 ATM Contract at Rogers Activity Center 5.06 Hennepin County Youth Sports Grant Resolution of Support 5.07 HGACBuy – Interlocal Contract for Cooperative Purchasing5.08 HVAC Preventive Maintenance Contract5.09 Approval of Resolution No. 2010 - 08, A Resolution Hiring Stephen Sarazin as a Full Time Police Officer5.10 Approval of Resolution No. 2010 - 09, A Resolution Certifying Public Employee Retirement Association Police Officer Declaration – Stephen Sarazin
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.01 Public Hearing to Approve Modification to Development Program for Development District No. 1 and Modification to Tax Increment Financing Plan for Tax Increment Financing District No. 1
6.01.01 Approval of Resolution No. 2010 - 10, A Resolution Approving Modification to Development Program for Development District No. 1 and Modification to Tax Increment Financing Plan for Tax Increment Financing District No. 1
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Adopt Ordinance No. 2010 – 02, An Ordinance Creating a Temporary Sign Ordinance7.02 2010 Census Update7.03 Call for a Special Council Meeting for CSAH 81 Approval of Plans and Authorization of Advertisement for Bids7.04 Authorization for Plan Approval and Approval of No Parking Resolution 7.05 Consideration of Expanding Construction Hours for CSAH 81 Reconstruction Project and Authorizing a Weekend Closure of CSAH 81 for Utility System Installation7.06 Approval of Cooperative Agreement Between the City of Rogers and Hennepin County for the CSAH 81 Reconstruction Project7.07 Approval of Bids for Mezzanine Buildout at Public Works Building 7.08 Update by Council and Staff on Washington DC trip7.09 Update on Tower Discussion Workshop7.10 Discussion of Community Survey on Programs/Services/Taxes
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 Joint Planning Board, Hassan Township and City of Rogers March 10, 2010 Meeting Summary9.02 Park Board Minutes of February 16, 20109.03 February Police Report