1. Call to Order. The workshop meeting of the Council of the City of Rogers was called to order by Mayor Grimm on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 5:30 p.m. at Rogers Community Center, 21201 Memorial Drive, Rogers, MN, 55374.
Council present: Mayor Grimm, Robert Bell, Jay Bunting, and Steve Rauenhorst.
Council excused: Jamie Davis.
Staff present: Stacy Doboszenski, Assistant City Administrator/Clerk; Mike Miller, Police Captain; and Steve Stahmer, City Administrator.
2. Interviews of Police Commission Candidates
The Council interviewed the following candidates in order:
• Kurt Deile
• Lorin Kraemer
• Chris Larrabee (by speaker phone)
• Joan Peterson
• Dean Capps (by speaker phone)
• Scott Adams
All candidates were asked the same set of pre-typed questions.
At the conclusion of the interviews, Council discussed the qualifications of the applicants, stating all were very qualified for the position. Council consensus was to eliminate Peterson. Council then scored each remaining applicant and the scores were tallied by Doboszenski and Stahmer.
A three way tie occurred between Adams, Capps, and Deile. Council re-scored these three applicants. Adams then received the highest points.
Council discussed appointing the three applicants in a formal motion at the 7:00 City Council meeting.
3. Adjournment. There being no further business, motion by Rauenhorst, second by Bunting to adjourn the workshop session. Motion carried 4-0. The meeting was adjourned at 6:31 p.m.
Assistant City Administrator/Clerk